Refer a child
- Camden and Southwark are now OPEN for new referrals.
- Lambeth is OPEN for new referrals.
- Islington is now CLOSED to new referrals as we are at full capacity and are working on a waiting list. Only referrals completed and submitted before 17th December will be assessed.
- Girls Programme in Islington is expected to be opening for referrals in 2019 with an exciting, updated and innovative programme. Watch this space for more news as we have it!
- Westminster is CLOSED for new referrals.
Our secure online referral form is available by clicking the link here . Please note that we welcome referrals from any individual, although there are sections of the referral that must be completed by the child’s school and the child’s main carer.
Referred children must:
- Have consent for the referral to Chance UK from the child and the child’s main carer
- Be 5 to 11 years old at point of referral (we can take Y6 referrals between September-April only)
- Be at primary school and/or resident in the borough accepting referrals
- Score 14 or more on the Main Carer SDQ behavioural questionnaire
- Also score 16 or more on the School SDQ behavioural questionnaire
Referred children should not:
Have a significant learning need or neurodevelopmental difference that would prevent them from having the necessary level of comprehension, communication and self-reflection skills to engage fully with our early intervention behavioural programme, talking tools and behaviour strategies. Examples of diagnoses we cannot work with would include Autistic Spectrum Condition.
This document will help referrers explain our service and the mentoring process:
Who we are, what we do