Refer a child
- Islington is OPEN for referrals.
- Girls Programme in Islington is OPEN for a small number of referrals. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Girls Programme referral form.
- Lambeth is OPEN for referrals by request only (please contact email@example.com before referring a child).
- Enfield, Hackney, Westminster and Waltham Forest are CLOSED for new referrals.
Our new secure online referral form is available by clicking the link here – we really welcome any feedback you may have about it. We cannot assess any referrals made on older versions of our referral form.
Referred children must:
- Have consent for the referral to Chance UK from the child’s main carer
- Be 5 to 11 years old at point of referral (we can take Y6 referrals between September-April)
- Be at primary school and/or resident in Islington or Lambeth
- Score 14 or more on the Main Carer SDQ behavioural questionnaire
- Also score 16 or more on the School SDQ behavioural questionnaire
Referred children should not:
Have a significant learning need or neurodevelopmental difference that would prevent them from having the necessary level of comprehension, communication and self-reflection skills to engage fully with our early intervention behavioural programme, talking tools and behaviour strategies. Examples of diagnoses we cannot work with would include Autistic Spectrum Condition.
Please note there are sections of the referral that must be completed by school staff and the child’s main carer. This document will help referrers explain our service and the mentoring process:
Who we are, what we do