Apply to be a Chance UK Mentor
Interested in becoming a mentor? Watch the video below and then click on the link to complete our quiz.
A step by step guide to becoming a mentor…
- Watch the ‘Become a Mentor Video’ and read the Volunteer Role Description.
- Then complete the short ‘Become a Mentor’ quiz.
- If you get all the questions correct you will be sent the application form, if not, we will re-send you the quiz.
- We will use the responses in your application form to allocate you to the most suitable programme for you and book you onto training dates.
- Attend a full set of training (This will be over two Saturdays or three weekday evenings).
- Complete your online DBS form. (You may also wish to read our Ex-Offenders Policy.)
- Attend an interview with two members of staff.
- If you successfully pass the interview stage our team will assess which child you’d be best suited to mentor.
- Once a match has been made, mentoring will begin.
It’s important to take into account that the process from completing training to being matched with a child can take up to three months.
Please note: We do not accept CVs either in lieu of an application form or instead of completing the employment history section.
If you have any questions about the application process at any stage, please email us at email@example.com.
Please read our FAQs section too; it will tell you a lot more about volunteering with us.
Our Volunteering Policy can be found here: Chance UK Volunteering Policy